Joining RVshare!By Martijn Scheijbeler Published June 19, 2018
I’m joining RVshare, a two-sided marketplace for RVs and motorhomes, as their VP Marketing! Over the last few weeks, I’ve talked extensively with the founders and part of the team. It became clear that this was a great opportunity for a few reasons.
- They have great product-market fit and proved this concept clearly works.
- They’re wanting to build out a world class (marketing) team.
- They’re a marketplace business as well, connecting the supply of RV owners to the demand of renters who want to explore the world.
- They had backing from a great investment partner making it possible to grow fast.
All of this got me really excited, after Postmates I decided that I wanted to work not just on one channel (SEO), but on multiple to create a strong diverse set of acquisition channels and build out a world class marketing organization somewhere. That’s what I’m mainly going to focus on for the next year (which means I’m going to be hiring soon for various roles, reach out to me if you’re interested in joining RVshare). In addition, I’ve always wanted to work for a company that is operating in the travel industry, as I consider it one of the most competitive industries and a joyful one, who doesn’t love bringing more travel to people. And what better ways are there to test your own skills than in an industry like that.
What is the challenge?
- Build out a world-class marketing organization.
- Create a diversified acquisition strategy to drive more new RVs/Motorhomes on the platform and acquire more renters who want to explore the world with an RV.
- Trust data! Build and improve everything that the team has built out in the last years and help it grow to the next level.
- Create an even stronger brand and build out renting RVs as an option for people traveling.